Thursday, September 10, 2009

Myrtle Beach - The Drip Castle Extraordinaire!

So since my lovely ankle was sprained, I found it rather difficult to go out in the ocean. Instead I decided to be content sitting on the sand, searching for random sand bugs and building a drip castle. This was the second one of my series, and quite large compared to my other one, complete with a moat. For those of you who don't know what a drip castle is: Scoop up a soupy mixture of sand and water and fling it into a shape of sort. It's amazing how easily it will stick and stay. It created some really cool textures this way. I was hooked.

Boys love to crush, crumble, stomp, destroy and pulverize anything they can. I'm pretty sure that it took all of my hubb's energy NOT to stomp on my castle while I was making it. But I indulged him after I had finished and taken a few pictures. Needless to say it took all of 2 seconds for my 2 hour long drip castle to be obliterated. At least we both had our fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment